You were right, mom!*

* - This is a phrase that my mom doesn't get to hear very often, so I thought I would lead with it. :)

When mom was here last weekend, she suggested that I move the sofa back against the wall and shift the console table to one side... etc, etc. I decided this weekend I would try it, and also build the second bookcase that we got at Office Depot. (I will not bore you with the details of the undelivered office furniture; suffice it to say they're gonna call me about it tomorrow.) Lo and behold, Mom was right. It looks lovely. The only drawback is that now I'm much further from the tv... so I'm tempted to buy a bigger one. ;) I also hung some pictures on the walls and emptied a few more boxes. So this is what it looks like now. The console table is along the left wall of the room - you can just see the corner of it in the picture. Having moved the sofa back, there was enough room to build the new bookcase in the middle of the floor!

Friday night, I went to see Carlos Mencia with some girls from my office. I'll admit, I wasn't really impressed with what I had seen on Comedy Central, but he was hilarious! I nearly lost my voice from laughing, and my face hurt!

The weekend ended with a nice dinner at Korea House, which I'd never been to, despite the fact that it's in the same courtyard as my gym. We had bulgogi - the beef that you cook yourself on a hot grill in the middle of the table. It was good, but my clothing smelled awful when I got home! We were there so long we were nearly the last people in the restaurant. Who is "we", you ask? I went on a date! Yes, I know, you're shocked. Proof that you can meet nice people on Jdate!

Comments

Just Me said…
Yay, nice boys on JDate; boo kimchi. Yay bigger TV! Boo, having to admit that your mother was right. [Hi Mama F!]

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4