Watch where you stick that elbow!

I am addicted to the Huffington Post. The blog runs pieces from all kinds of people - movie stars, serious reporters, regular joes, and everyone in between.

I love reading Nora Ephron's posts. This week's post is about Vegas, so of course I had to read it. Apparently, in the presence of Nora and a few others, Steve Wynn (who owns a great many fabulous pieces of art, and used to display them at the Bellagio) put his elbow through a Picasso painting. This is the painting that the show* in his hotel is named for - Le RĂªve. The same painting he was about to sell to a collector in Connecticut for over $100M! ouch. (Fittingly, the hole he made was basically in the woman's elbow area in the painting...)

Can you imagine?! It's aPicasso! Apparently Nora and friends had to keep mum about what they had witnessed - at least until an art restorer could look at the damage. Her observations on the experience (and on being at the Wynn hotel and how amazing it is) are amusing. And here's the piece that was eventually written about the incident in the New Yorker. I have to say, I agree with Wynn's wife - it was a sign, he had to keep the painting. :)

*Note: It's not a Cirque du Soleil show, as my ever-vigilant-about-all-things-Cirque brother pointed out, but it is directed by Franco Dragone, who has directed Cirque shows (O, Mystere) in the past.

Comments

allyn fratkin said…
la reve is not a cirque du soleil show.

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4