Another new experience in Texas

Last night as I was about to go to bed, I turned off the tv, and I heard a weird buzzing sound. I turned to look in the small bedroom, and a FLYING COCKROACH came out at me - at eye level! AAAAAAH! I was asked (a few weeks ago) if I had seen these yet, and I was relieved to say no. Well, that was then. At least I had a vague idea of what the thing was when it came at me! It was 2" long!

I swatted at it, and it went into the bathroom. I scooted to the kitchen and got the (floral-scented :)) RAID. I mostly hit the bathroom mirror, but I did get the bug a bit. If my aim with the spray had been better, the next thing that happened would not have happened - it flew into my bedroom, and took a hard right into my closet! ACK! I was too far away to see exactly where it went in the closet, and it never reappeared. I am now absolutely positive that in the next day or so, I will go in to grab a t-shirt or a pair of jeans and the bug will come out at me - alive or dead. EEEW! Needless to say, it was a little bit difficult to fall asleep...

The good news is, this is only the second one I've seen since I've been here, and they are not in the kitchen. (hm, is that good news or bad news?) Did I mention that I HATE COCKROACHES?!?

Comments

Just Me said…
Okay, that's just ooky on any number of levels!
Anonymous said…
I've missed a few blogs and jumped on to see what's new. What a hysterical day to read -- sorry about the giant bug!

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4