Toga! Toga!

Last night a bunch of us went to the Alamo Drafthouse to see Animal House on the big screen - with an intro/Q&A Session with Chris Miller. He was one of the original writers of the screenplay, and has a new book out. It sounds like a lot of the stuff in the movie is a) real, and b) minimal compared to the full story of what actually happened! Before the film he talked about a guy in the fraternity (basically, the Bluto character) who "wore" a carved jack-o-lantern around his middle (and nothing else!) to go trick or treating around town. Basically, the jack-o-lantern's nose was the guy's ... well, you can guess. :) I don't think I'd ever seen the movie on the big screen before... I was only 5 when it came out, after all. It was fun to watch.

The Drafthouse here is similar to the one in Arlington - but the food is much better! Instead of comfy chairs at round tables, it's rows of movie seats alternated with narrow tables. They have great programs and events... I will definitely have to go back!


In the meantime, I have also been kinitting my first sock. I can't believe I was so nervous about making them... it's not really that hard! I am trying a toe-up sock, so far without a pattern (once I learned the cast-on and the proper increases). I'll have to get some instruction when it comes time to turn the heel, and then I have to figure out if what kind of pattern I want to make as I go up the leg. All of this is in preparation for making the American Flag socks, which are my next planned project. That's going to involve a chart pattern (for the stars), so it'll be a little more complicated. Photos will be posted soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4