Tastes as good as it looks

I made chicken pot pie! Four of them, actually. Weight Watchers individual-sized chicken pot pies, in little ramekins. Here's what they looked like when they came out of the oven:



Aren't they purty?





And when I cut one open, it looked perfect, and tasted just as good. The topping is easy, made with Pillsbury biscuits sliced in half. Slicing the biscuits in half is probably the hardest part! I used the knife that attacked me to cut up the chicken, and at that point I remembered that cutting up chicken was precisely why I bought the new knife... the others were much too dull. It worked beautifully. AND, I cleaned it and put it away without incident. Phew.


Otherwise, it was a pretty uneventful Saturday... I went to HCW and picked up another skein of the white yarn so I can finish the flag socks. And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't leave HCW having only bought one little skein of yarn. :) I got six skeins of 3 lovely shades (2 of each, not 6 of each!) of Berroco "Love it" yarn. I think I'll use it for a sweater for someone special. (Haven't made her anything since I crocheted her a *rather ugly* set of gloves and scarf for Xmas a few years back. I'm thinking it's time to make something better.) Now I have to go in search of a pattern.


I also got industrious and put some more pictures on the walls. I figure I ought to clean up a little and decorate, since I'm having people over for an Oscar party next week!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mmmm, potpies! They're adorable. I knew you weren't going to make it out of HCW in one piece.

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4