On turning 34...

My 33rd year (technically, it was my 34th year, if you consider that a person's first year is between birth and age 1) was a pretty good one. It was something of a roller-coaster, but overall I'm happy with the way it ended up.

There were weddings (Ryan & Becky, Stu & Jenny), babies (Max K., Callie W., Cebrina B., Gabriel C., Claire B.), trips (Orlando, Tampa, LA/SD, Boston), and a BIG MOVE (and an awesome road trip with my cool cousin M.). I've made new friends, found some old friends again, and lost some friends along the way. I surprised myself by learning to knit new things (socks, cables), cook new things (chicken lettuce wraps, avocado-tomatillo salsa) and build new things (bookcases, desks).

So, now that I'm 34, I will:

Meet some of babies mentioned above; travel to new cities; see more live music here in Austin; knit more new things (socks with cables!); cook more new things; meet more new people; and have fun at my job. I will also finally learn how to properly use my Rollerblades, and look into getting certified to teach water aerobics. That's a good bunch of goals, right?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am glad I was part of your 33rd year to remember. What a BIG MOVE it was ... lots of memories along the way from DC to Austin .. Happy Birthday to my CUZ!

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4