It's Groundhog Day!


... and since Phil Connors is nowhere to be found, I'll tell ya what happened this morning in Punxsutawny, PA: Phil (the groundhog) didn't see his shadow, so it's going to be an early Spring.

This confuses me a little, because I would think that if the sky is clear and the little rodent "sees his shadow", there's going to be an early Spring. Sunny skies = warmer weather, right? Apparently not. Turns out it's the opposite. If he doesn't see his shadow, early Spring.

Never mind that the weather didn't get really cold on the east coast until recently - I guess none of the members of The Punxsutawney Groundhog Club have seen "An Inconvenient Truth." ;)

More Groundhog Day info may be found here. (The official site, groundhog.org, seems to be having trouble with the one-day onslaught.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4