Baby it's cold outside

(Thanks, Andy, that was a great title for a post, so I borrowed it -- and I know the song!)
After a brief power outage this morning (about a minute), everything seems to be fine. I poked my head out my front door (brr! 28 degrees!) and took a picture of the icicles that are slowly melting onto the porch.


Then I stepped out the back door and caught the ice forming on the pine needles. This is apparently the worst ice storm to hit Austin in 8 years.


It's supposed to get up to 33 degrees later today, so I might venture out. Marcia got out yesterday and went running - I definitely should have gone out then too - and said it wasn't nearly as bad as the local news was leading us to believe. Coming from DC, this would seem like *nothing* -- if I lived on a flat street. It had better warm up a little more tomorrow, or there's no way my car is making it off this hill!

and many thanks to Jen, who called yesterday to relieve me of some of my stir-craziness, and let me babble for half an hour. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Crazy talk! I want winter! Rather, if it's going to be this cold, I want snowy stuff, too! I also want that song out of my head...
Anonymous said…
I love that song! It beats the repeated yodel refrains of Tarzan Boy & the Lonely Goatherd....

Yes, if it's going to be cold, then there needs to be snow.

I believe it was a Susan Elizabeth Phillips book where the character used Harry Potter references to swear in front of her nieces/nephews, e.g., "You Slitherin'!" to the driver who cut her off. Am going to have to work that into my vocubulary :)
Anonymous said…
Yes, This Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I feel so much better. Plus, I'm now able to prove that I can spell "vocabulary" (Take that, Sr. Mary Lawrence, you big mean Slitherin'!)

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4