The good, the bad, and the ugly

5 Best Things about being in DC this week:

1) Hanging out with the fam. Yes, they're a little bit nutty, but we have had a good time. Although for future reference, a week may be a little bit too long for family bonding.
2) Seeing all my pals. I managed to get together with most of the people I wanted to see this week, with one notable exception (she knows who she is, she was off getting tan in Florida!) I also missed seeing some of the new mommies and their wee ones, but I'll be back in either March or June - or both!
3) Driving mom's car. My car is just going to seem like a sluggish tin can when I get back. Oh well. I still love my Cruiser.
4) The food! I had sushi, Indian food (twice), dim sum, bison, and even some Mexican food this week. urp. (Have to find a dim sum place in Austin.)
5) Staying an extra day to watch USC in the Rose Bowl! As long as UT is closed for the President Ford remembrance day, Dad offered to pay for me to stay an extra day, and this way I don't get home at midnight tonight.

5 Worst Things about being in DC this week:

1) Smoke. Between my dad's cigars and pipes, and the ciggie smokers in the bars, it was a little much. I'm so thankful for the clean air in Austin!
2) Doing tech support. I had to reinstall printer drivers, replace printer cartridges, run backups, and fix email programs. ARGH.
3) Allergies. I never had allergies when I lived here, but as soon as I returned I started feeling sick, just as I did in LA at Thanksgiving. I'm guessing that the allergies were helped along by the dust and smoke in the house. So I've had a sore throat and a cough all week. UGH.
4) Traffic. 66 West any time of day. The Beltway at Tyson's. Yuck. So glad I don't have to do that any more.
5) The weather. Although I can't complain much... global warming made it warmer than I expected it to be. Well, that and the heated car seats!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4