Ceci n'est pas une Fratkin

Bryan, Marc and Carla went to the Magritte exhibit at LACMA on Sunday. (I'll bet my plane was probably somewhere over New Mexico before the boys even woke up...) I was very jealous. I am particularly fond of Magritte's Son of Man and the other bowler-hat images. But of course the most famous one is "Ceci n'est pas une pipe." -- a painting of a pipe with the caption, "This is not a pipe."

I received this photo by email (and sent to my cellphone) on Sunday. The caption was "Ceci n'est pas une Fratkin." :)

Son of Man is part of my favorite scene in The Thomas Crown Affair (the new version) -- Pierce Brosnan and his lackeys scatter around the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, all wearing black coats and bowler hats and carrying briefcases full of pictures of the man in the bowler hat. It drives the cops crazy.

Marc also found (after Bryan mentioned) a picture of the Son of Man etched into the top of a Mac Powerbook, with the Apple logo in just the right spot. Very cool. If I had a Mac, I'd think of doing that too.

And that was the end of the trip to California.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4