Offloading pics - random

I realized today that I have been taking pics but not uploading them, so here's the rundown. It's nothing terribly exciting.


Two weeks ago when it was really cold around here, I broke out my new hot cocoa. I bought the "marshmallow lovers" low-fat Swiss Miss. Let me tell you, they aren't kidding when they say marshmallow lovers. Each serving is two packets - one is the hot cocoa powder, and the other is all mini-marshmallows! I had to take a picture. It was soooooooo yummy.

For the past week, my tv has been slowly dying (in fact, as mom reminded me, it was already starting to go south when she was here two months ago!) . I've had that set for ten years - it survived moving from Arlington to Chevy Chase and back to Arlington, and then to Austin. I spent the past week jumping up off the sofa to go whack one side of it or the other to keep the picture going. Finally, last night, I gave up and went to Circuit City. Complicating things, I have a tv unit that has a square-shaped hole for the tv - in other words, the television itself cannot be wider than 28" or taller than 26". The width restriction really limited my choices with the flat screens. I literally had to go around the store with a tape measure! I ended up with a 24" flat screen digital tv, and was smart enough to have it delivered instead of trying to bring it home on my own. It's lovely. :) Happy Chanuka to me! (and thanks, mom & dad!) [Extra points if you can figure out what movie I was watching when I took this picture] ;)

Which reminds, me, Happy Chanuka! When I unpacked my kitchen in August, I realized that I had four boxes of Chanuka candles. Four boxes! I think I must have just bought some when they were on sale after the holiday - and then conveniently forgot and did the same thing the next year. Oops. (Plus, I didn't use the big candles last year because we lit the little ones on the menorah I took to London.) Here are my two lovely menorahs and my multitude of candles. The menorah on the left represents an oil lamp, with the outline of Jerusalem in the middle. It was sent to me when I was a freshman in college by the student support group from my synagogue, and I've used it almost every year since.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Chanuka!

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4