Slowly but surely...

Now that I found a place to live, I just want to MOVE IN! Of course, now is when time drags on as slowly as possible. I have started the process of changing my address with all of my various credit cards, magazines, airline memberships. (What in the world did we do about all this before the Internet?) It's so great to be able to log into my different accounts and change the address instantly. :) I will have to email everyone my new info soon, too.

Austin is such an advanced community - I signed up for my new electric/water/trash service online, too! They sent me a nice confirmation email. I actually had to call and talk to a real person to get my cable/DSL/phone service from Time Warner, which will be hooked up on Monday the 21st. (I have to go almost a WEEK without DSL?!?!) Of course, that depends on when the movers actually arrive with my stuff. Still no word on that, although I found out yesterday that my (132) items have now been loaded onto a truck for transport. Baby steps, I guess.

In the meantime, Thursday night a bunch of us girls from work are going to dinner and up to the new outlet mall in Round Rock... the same one that M and I tried to stop at on our way into town a month ago, but it wasn't open yet! Well, now it is!

Last weekend was pretty tame... Saturday morning I decided it was time I went down to Barton Springs and the park. Here's a map. Genius-girl (that's me) decided to go hiking at noon on a 100 degree day (although around here it doesn't hit 100 until later in the afternoon.) If you look at the map, I hiked from Zilker Park (top right) almost as far as the next little hiker symbol (about a mile) and back. It's a good thing I had Gatorade and an energy bar in the cooler in the car! Phew! After that I came home, rested, showered, napped... and went to dinner with some folks from work. We drove down to The Salt Lick (40 minutes south of town). ABSOLUTELY worth the drive and the ~1 hour wait. This is one of those uniquely Texas places that doesn't have a liquor license, so everyone brings a cooler full of beer/soda/wine/whatever. There's almost as much space for the people hanging out waiting for tables as there is for the actual dining tables. The food was excellent.

This coming weekend's big plan: buying a new Washer & Dryer, to be delivered next weekend. If I don't have working DSL, at least I can have clean clothes! :) [and don't say it, I know, I lead such an exciting life...]

Comments

Just Me said…
You busy bee, you! And you know I'm the last person to say anything about your glamorous life!
Anonymous said…
The outlets .. without me? I am SO jealous!

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4