It's official! I moved in!

Yipppeee!! The movers appeared yesterday morning at 9:15am with my stuff ... amazing that all 132 of my items fit in the front section of the 18-wheeler trailer. They managed to get everything off the truck in about 2 hours and most of it made it into the right room(s). Here's what the place looked like *before* they arrived:
<--- this is the kitchen, with the empty closet where the W/D will go on Saturday morning. :)

This is the living room. --> Every room has a ceiling fan... it's awesome. If I measured correctly, the LR is about 15' x 12'. That's my front door, but I don't think I'll be using it much since the driveway/garage is right next to the kitchen door. But there is a gorgeous wooden porch out there, which I'll have to photograph later.

This is the master bedroom (below). It's odd, the smaller bedroom has one large closet... the master has two smaller closets. The other oddity is that the air conditioning unit is literally directly outside my bedroom window. But the white noise doesn't bother me, it's actually what puts me to sleep. The window is behind me taking this picture... you get to see more of the room that way.

I didn't take a picture of the small bedroom - there wasn't a way to get a good angle on it. But I did take a picture of the bathroom, with my newly installed shower curtain -- it has a driving across America theme: the Statue of Liberty, the Liberty Bell, and some other genuinely USA stuff. (Honestly. You're not surprised. But it was on sale for $7.99, so it was a no-brainer!)

Repairs I had to make after the movers left:
1. The backing on my dresser was loose, so the whole thing swayed like a boat on the high seas. Biggest challenge at that moment: Which box held my tool kit with the hammer and extra nails? Luckily, I opened the right box and found them pretty easily. Phew!
2. I managed to break part of my entertainment center putting the extra feet on the bottom of it (for future reference, tipping it to a 45 degree angle onto a small piece of crappy plyboard is a BAD idea) After a quick run to the home improvement store, I had new L-brackets and the whole thing sits nicely now. (it's probably better than it was the first time I put it together!)

Next entry - pics of the place *after* the movers left. Exhausting.

Comments

allyn fratkin said…
congrats!

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4