... and not a drop to drink

Wouldn't you know it, we finally get some rain in Austin (and I mean RAIN... it was pouring when I woke up this morning!) and in the midst of the deluge, there's no water coming from the taps in my house. hunh? Chalk up another new experience - calling the utility company to see what the hell is going on! Turns out there was a water main break between my house and the house next door. D'oh! The utility guy stopped by as I was eating breakfast and promised that the water would be fixed by the time I got home tonight. We'll see how that goes.

In the meantime, I have "Aqua Jog Challenge" at the gym tonight, so at least I'll get in a shower there if I can't have one at home. ;)

Things I never saw from my kitchen window in VA: (well, ok, my kitchen didn't actually have a window) a family of deer - a mom and 2 does - trotted by while I was making dinner last night. :) Wasn't fast enough on the camera to get a pic, although I suspect opening the back door would have just scared them away anyhow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family and Stuff

Defeating the sweater curse

End of the Year fun (part 2)