time to b*tch a little...

Today I am experiencing some form of mild depression - or maybe just mad-at-the-world? or maybe the winter blahs? I feel like nothing went right this weekend. I'm finally over the jetlag from London (they say it takes as many days to recover as time zones you pass through), but maybe it's some residual disappointment because USC lost the Rose Bowl. :( hmm... and Verizon cut off my DSL over the weekend because I owe them a whopping $1.94... I just feel like everything is going wrong and there's nothing I can do about it. And I got stuck at mom & dad's until 11pm last night because somehow the network printer doesn't seem to want to print anything and I can't figure out why. The blah's are probably also tied to the fact that I seem to have gained 10 lbs or more last year, and am not making it to the gym after work, so nothing fits right. UGH. On the one hand, it's a bummer that I gave away my larger clothes when I lost weight. On the other hand, it means I MUST get going on the diet thing!

There were a few bright spots over the weekend:
  • Getting my first pedicure with Dani -- my toes look so cute in candy-apple red. I'll definitely get another pedi someday... probably when it's warmer so a) I don't have to wear flip-flops in 40 degree weather, and b) I can show off! :)
  • Getting a Chanuka present from my little brother, who ordered two books on my Amazon wish list and sent them to the house for me. :)
  • Finishing (finally) the second sleeve for Samantha's hoodie sweater and starting on the front pocket. The final challenges are going to be the hood, and putting the whole thing together. Stay tuned, I will post a pic of it when it's done... hopefully in time to give it to her in Vegas in February.
  • The Redskins managed to hold on and win in Tampa to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Seattle, here we come!
ok, I'm done bitching. It's my life, and I have to take control. I haven't really made any New Year's resolutions, but clearly the weight loss/get in shape idea is there subconsciously. Other than that, I resolve to go out and meet new people (maybe some nice Jewish boys?), save some $$ so I can buy an apartment, and find a job that I really love. Reading the Fast Company Social Capitalist awards has really made me think about philanthropy and education.

Comments

Anonymous said…
See, it's not just me! Good for you for taking control and going to the gym yesterday (despite the ticket scare) and I'm here for you whenever you want to get another pedi. ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4