Everybody Has A Dream

... whether it's an Olympic Dream or a knitting-related dream. ;)

A bunch of us have decided to participate in Yarnharlot's Knitting Olympics.


The idea is to start knitting something when the Olympic flame is lit in Torino, and be done with it by the time the flame is extinguished at the end of the games. That's February 10 to February 26, in case you were wondering. Of course, depending on your skill level, that could be a real challenge, or a straight scarf.

I'm going to make a multidirectional scarf. (much harder than a straight scarf, really.) Dani is still trying to figure out what she's making. There are three or four other girls (in Atlanta and DC) participating in our little group, and hundreds have signed up on Yarnharlot's page. I think she's even going to give out medals. :)

Unrelated - we had Yenta birthday dinner at TenPenh tonight, since Judy happened to be in town, and all three of our birthdays are in Jan/Feb. YUMMY. I am going to have to figure out how to make ginger sweet potatoes. The wasabi mashed potatoes were also excellent, along with the seared ahi tuna and endive tempura. (I know I'm gonna have to bring Jae and Teri here next time they come to DC!) They have a whole selection of creative cocktails, but I steered clear after spending most of yesterday hung-over from Saturday night's festivities!

Comments

princess teri said…
i think you just described my dream dinner!
Just Me said…
Lush. ;-)

The harlot changed the rules from the lighting of the flame to 2:00 p.m. Basically, I just think this means we get to cast-on when we start watching the Olympic coverage.

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4