Skype is cool!

So I went to Radio Shack today and picked up the $9.99 earbud for Skype so I could call my brother in Australia. It's not that I didn't think that it would work... but I just didn't know what would happen. Clearly, so many people are using it that they must be doing something right. I signed up (my ID is MelyssaF, for those of you who are interested) and found Bryan online, and decided to call him. What the heck, it's 1:45pm on Friday there!

Well, it works -- We are chatting as I write this. It's very cool! I'm definitely going to have to set up mom and dad to do this. I remember thinking it was funny when people first got telephones and they used to say that it sounded like the person they were talking to was "in the next room" - but this little headset works that well, too! And when he called me back (just to test it), my computer rang like a telephone! Funny.

He's off to the gym now, as it's Friday afternoon and he doesn't have a job (yet).

Hey, I may not be on "the cutting edge" but at least I can say I've tried it. :) And it's a lot cheaper than calling him directly, either on my cell or land line.

The little earbud came with a voucher for 30 minutes of free skype-to-landline calls, so I'm gonna try calling some other people with it now, just to test it. :D

Comments

allyn fratkin said…
if it makes you feel any hipper, i still haven't tried skype.

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4