A Minor Variation

The "rules" for the Olympic knitting competition say that we're allowed to do a test swatch of our project before the thing actually starts. I decided that it wasn't difficult enough to do a multidirectional scarf, I wanted to do it in two colors. :) The girls at KH warned me about weaving in lots of ends, but I'm brave! (By way of explanation, the yarn end of the first blue triangle is really far away from the end of the red triangle, so I will have to cut and re-start for each new triangle.)

So here's the test swatch. (I didn't feel like cutting the blue to start another triangle.) It looks really cool, I think. Of course, the final product will be wider than this, 5" or 6" across instead of 3".

In other knitting news, I finally finished the hood part of Sam's sweater, so all that's left is to put it together, create the drawstring parts, and block it. I'll post some pics of it when it's all one piece. (Soon - I'm giving it to her in Vegas in three weeks!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4