Road Trip!

Today, we embark on a journey to another continent! (ok, there's no WE, it's just me.) I slept late today but now it's time to actually buckle down and pack before I have to leave for the airport in a few hours. I just hope the rain stops. Blech. And mom says it's gonna be super-duper cold in London this week. goody gumdrops.

Yesterday was Xmas Eve dinner at Kelly&Jeff's. I have been going to Xmas eve dinner there for at least the past 6 or 7 years. The group changes, but it's always around 10-12 people. And Kelly always makes lasagna - excellent, spicy, meaty lasagna. And after we're all stuffed to the gills, we trade Chanuka presents. Hannah loves opening presents, but with her cousin Eric there, she wanted his matchbox cars (and really cool 18-wheel trailer) more than her My Little Pony or Dora's Greenhouse. And she couldn't understand why we weren't opening ALL of the big wrapped presents under the tree (not really *under* the tree, since Kelly got a pretty small one this year).

The keychains that I got from the Container Store that hold a tiny picture in the mouth of the dog/cat/frog/duck were a big hit with little Hannah's face peeking out. (I got an extra one which I'm taking to London to give to my mom, with Samantha's pic in it.)

Kelly and I managed to do something that we have only done once in the past - we gave each other the same present! We both wanted (and got!) the DVD of the first season of the Muppet Show. :) hee hee Kelly also gave me the "super-mensch" battery operated chanuka menorah-man, that lights up one candle a day and sings each time. But he's not coming to London with me.... I'm not sure the customs guys would get it. ;)

So I hope y'all have a Happy Chanuka and Merry Xmas, and I'll be sure to blog some when I get to London!
ciao!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Chanuka to you and yours! Xmas is nearly over and your sundown may not have hit quite yet - actually, you may not have landed yet. Anyhoo, happy Londoning!

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4