Depeche Mode!

Sometimes I forget to blog the best stuff!!

Friday night, Gigi, Shelley, Valerie and I went to see The Bravery and Depeche Mode out at the Patriot Center. Fortunately, the snow that was predicted didn't really appear... the ice was by far more dangerous. So the concert went on. (YAY!) The Bravery is a band from NYC with members who are from Bethesda and Falls Church, so they had a lot of local groupies up at the stage.

The Patriot Center is really small. We were about halfway back up on the left (looking out from the stage) but we still felt really close. It was packed, and the crowd was mostly our age or older (except for the Bravery fans).

Depeche played a lot of the new stuff (which I'm not really super-hot about... I actually like The Bravery's CD much better -- it sounds more like the old Depeche!) and then they moved into songs from Violator, which was THE Depeche album from my senior year in high school. (They posted the setlist so you can see for yourself - we got 2 encores, which was excellent.) David is still "heroin skinny" but apparently he's clean. He does that weird skinny-guy dance like Mick Jagger! It was funny. Martin is just ... weird. But that's not unusual.

Other than the freeeezing cold, and the long trek to the Patriot Center, it was an awesome evening. Next weekend's concert is my latest favorite band -- Carbon Leaf, at the 9:30 club. I can't wait! Dani is going with me - she's gotten as addicted to them as I have now. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know that I'd go so far as 'addicted.' That's a bit strong...
Anonymous said…
Thanks for updating us on the concert.

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4