More tv-related blogging, very sad

I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face.

John Spencer, who has played Leo McGarry on West Wing for seven years, died of a heart attack. (Which is rather ironic, because his character had to retire from being the Chief of Staff because he had a heart attack on the show!) ... He was 58.

I have been so involved with "WW" since the beginning, I feel like they're my family. and I loved John Spencer all the way back to 'L.A. Law.' I don't know what they're going to do for the rest of this season - his character was running for Vice President with Jimmy Smits' Matt Santos for President. I even have "Santos-McGarry" buttons! (no surprise there, I know)

Sad, sad, sad. I watch the "in memory" segments on the Oscars and the Emmys every year, and some years I really bawl and some years it doesn't affect me that much. I often wonder what will happen when the stars of today pass on, like Harrison Ford, Kevin Costner, John Travolta, or Pierce Brosnan. And now I know -- I am such a sap! :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4