Happy Chrismukkah, or Merry Hannamas?

Bryan is enjoying the holiday traditions "down-undah", which apparently has him pondering whether he should convert (yeah, mom wouldn't have a cow about THAT!). I wonder if he even remembered to bring a menorah with him in his luggage? ;)

But really, how can you argue with Santa on a surfboard?!

Too funny.

I am aleady done with my holiday shopping (with one or two notable exceptions) and wrapping. I guess I shouldn't say 'already' since tomorrow is Xmas eve! The only thing I absolutely had to buy today was a bundt pan, because I am making chocolate-chip bundt cake for Kelly's xmas dinner tomorrow...

[Hee hee, every time I say the word "bundt" I think of the scene in My Big Fat Greek Wedding when the WASPy family brings a bundt cake to dinner at the Greek family's house, and Mama can't pronounce the word bundt. :) ]

I would have borrowed mom's bundt pan, but hers was ... just plain scary. I think it's at least 40 years old! Now, I'm all for traditions and handing things down from generation to generation, but this bundt pan has clearly seen better days -- back when my grandma was using it! So, I bought a lovely pan from Williams Sonoma which I will now plan to pass on as a family heirloom. Actually, the one I wanted was the "American Star" bundt pan, but none of the local stores had it in stock, and it cost as much to have it shipped to me at the last minute as it did to buy it -- and it's on sale! So I might get one later, but for now I have a plain ordinary pan, which will do quite nicely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4