Home sweet Apartment

Yes, I love Southern California, it's true. But I have to say, I like being back in my own apartment. For one thing, nobody is snoring in the next bed (or next room). Plus, I missed cooking my own food (which was only possible after a quick but expensive trip to the supermarket), and I get to wear clothes that haven't been rolled up in a suitcase for two weeks!

Of course, there are things that I miss about California, too, like Samantha's giggles, Marc's fresh-brewed coffee, and not having to go to my office everyday. Hmmm... what does that tell you? I did notice that my right arm hurt after work yesterday - it was the first time in two weeks I had worked with a mouse for a full day! I need to go back to the gym!

I really wish I had something more exciting to talk about... but I spent the second half of my day in a neverending meeting. Mind you, the meeting was about a huge project that I am looking forward to working on, but the meeting just dragged on and on and on. And on. And on. you get the picture. I couldn't stay awake for half of it - I felt so bad, because there were only 3 other people in the room!

We are planning our holiday party for the office in two weeks, which will include a potluck lunch and gift-swap. I am trying to decide between making that spinach salad (the one that made me sick - I'll just avoid the goat cheese this time), or buffalo green beans, or maybe baked artichoke hearts. Any votes from the peanut gallery?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4