Black Friday - and I didn't even shop!

Samantha (and Mama and Dada) had a tough night on Thursday, none of them got any sleep. :( So we bagged our plans to go to California Adventure and took it slow on Friday. We had breakfast at Denny's - Samantha really loves those cheesy eggs! - and then just vegged at the house. Each of us took a nap of at least a few minutes at some point during the day- it was really good for all of us.

We tried to go to dinner at Shien's for sushi, but it was superduper crowded, so we ended up at Hana instead. The waitress was so nice to us, and Samantha enjoyed her miso rice (white rice soaked in miso soup). We stuffed ourselves with sushi... crunchy roll (with shrimp tempura inside) and lots of spicy tuna roll for the boys, and a sashimi roll (no rice, wrapped in cucumber slices)... Teri ordered a Philly roll (salmon and cream cheese) but, ugh. Too weird.

Today we went to Teri's mom's house (we all call her "Tutu") for our second Thanksgiving lunch/dinner. We had almost as much food, but this time there was some more greenery involved -- green beans with almonds and (my favorite food network recipe) spinach salad with walnuts and goat cheese -- along with mashed potatoes and potato salad and stuffing and turkey and ham and rolls. As if I didn't overeat enough on Thursday! And more of Teri's yummy pumpkin surprise for dessert. I really have to get that recipe.

This time, instead of taking a walk around the neighborhood, we took a short drive and then a walk - around Downtown Disney! We had to go get the 50th anniversary golden ears. Of course, they won't embroider them in Downtown Disney, so Jae had to go into the park to get them for us (with his Annual Pass, he gets in for free). So now we have ears. Of course, Bryan sent me home with his ears, because he doesn't really want to take them to Australia.

Before I left to come back to Marc's (closer to LAX for my flight out tomorrow), we took the standard 4 kids picture - plus Sam, of course. I'm waiting for Jae to post it or send it to me so I can link to it.

I can't believe the kid is going to Australia for four months. I cried in the car after I said goodbye to him tonight. I know he'll be back, and I know we'll email and he'll blog (HE'D BETTER!) but it was just sort of sad. :( Bye, little brother! Good luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4