Forgot to schedule time for sleep!

This time, I was in DC for more than 40 hours. I managed to fit in time to see my former colleagues at the Council on Competitiveness, as well as Amy, Kelly & Jeff & Hannah, Dani (and Spiderman 3), Lisa, Jen, and some MBA folks. [Oh, and I went to a CASC meeting and some meetings on the Hill, of course.] And, I got a cute haircut! Phew!

Random news:

  • Amy & Rob and Amy's friend Mary are going to Australia later this month. They're hitting Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne in the space of a week! I gave her a list of things to do, but I think it might be too chilly to climb the Sydney Bridge by the time they get there. I can't believe it's been three years since we went!



  • Hannah has chosen the names she'd prefer for her soon-to-be-sibling, but I don't think Kelly is going to use them (there are too many Michaels already) so she has some others in mind. We won't know what sex the baby is until a few weeks from now, though. Not patient enough to be surprised in October, I guess. ;)


  • My friends have adorable kids. I only took four pictures the whole weekend. The one (above) of Hannah, and three pics of Nate's kids (Wilson (5) and Mamie (3)) and Dan's son Ian (13 mos). Too cute! Meanwhile, we're still waiting to hear about Amee's impending youngin' (5 weeks to go!) and Wilson and Mamie are getting a younger sibling later this year. Is there something in the water up there? sheesh! I see more duckies on the horizon. Or maybe I should find a different animal to make.
    (L to R: Dan with Ian, Mamie, Wilson and Nate)

  • I have decided that Bryan has to be my (other) older brother now, since he bought an apartment. ;) It's a very nice place. The wall colors were a little scary, but he's in the process of fixing that this week. He has about as much square footage as I do, but his kitchen is smaller and bedroom is larger. It's going to be fantastic when he gets it all set up. Party central! He has some very nice neighbors, too. Yes, he's two blocks from Mom & Dad, but he's also only two blocks from Adams Morgan and four blocks from Dupont Circle. Nice spot!

  • Between the meeting, the appointments on the Hill and the time I spent with my friends, I somehow managed to do very little sleeping. (I have trouble sleeping in other beds anyway, and I've been suffering from either allergies or a cold or both...) Unfortunately, when I woke up on Sunday morning, I wasn't feeling up to doing the Race for Hope 5k for the Brain Tumor Society. :( As it turns out, the newest Peabody decided he didn't want to wait until Monday, and came screaming into the world on Sunday. Welcome, Benjamin! See you next year at the Race for Hope!

  • Spiderman 3 was ok, but it was more fun just hanging out with Dani and going to Hard Times for chili. We missed the running of the Kentucky Derby in the short time between when I picked her up and when we sat down to eat dinner, but we watched the replay over and over. I think we laughed during one of the sappiest parts of the movie, but it was worth it!

  • Jen is a great partner for shoe-shopping. We giggled our way through DSW and both managed to find cute shoes. Just so you know, the shoe selection is different up north.

Thanks again to my friends and family for taking time to hang out with me and remind me of how important "home" is. But I'm glad to be back in Austin. Y'all get down here and visit soon!

Comments

Anonymous said…
WE laughed at an inappropriate time?!?! I was reacting to your chortling and snarfling over there. I had nothing to do with the initial guffaws!

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4