Tourism weekend, Version 2.0


Gartner's annual IT Security conference rolled around again, so Marc rolled into town on Saturday night (while I was out with the Yentas).

Sunday, we went back to Fortune for dim sum (he likes dim sum, and that place was a big hit last year), then we went back to the mall. This time, the weather was SO much better (last year it was over 90 and really humid when he was here).... and I remembered my camera. We went first to the Lincoln Memorial, stopping by the memorial to DC's war veterans. Here's a pic from the top of the steps of the Lincoln.

Then we went to the American Indian Museum. The architecture is by far the most interesting on the mall -- it's made to look like an adobe hut. You can read all about it at the link above.

For dinner, we went to the new Tapeo restaurant at Pentagon Row. Can't say I was terribly impressed with the tapas (the tortilla espanola had literally just come out of the fridge, it was ice cold), but the white sangria was excellent. Then we had ice cream at Maggie Moo's, which was good, but ridiculously expensive.

Knowing that Marc was coming to town, I got us tickets to Spamalot! (the Monty Python Musical) for Wednesday night. Since he was busy on Monday, I went over to Jen's to watch The Holy Grail, just to remember it before we went to see the show. It was so worth it! (according to Jen's boyfriend, we really have to watch the second disc in the DVD set... maybe I'll just break down and buy it.)

Tuesday was trivia night, and Marc came along. Jezebel (oops, I mean Joan) sat with the Mayor of Svenland and his team. The first shock of the night was that Patrick wasn't there! Turns out he took a nasty spill and broke his arm. They swore it wasn't alcohol-related, but I'm not so sure. At any rate, we'll have to be extra nice to him this week. :) I will post trivia questions in another entry.... too much going on here already.

Wednesday night, we went back to Aria for our pre-theater dinner (seemed to work in February, why not!) with Jen and her brother. It was yummy again! And I found out the name of the great pinot grigio that we had for my birthday - Bollini. (but let's not talk about the nearly 300% markup that the restaurant charged on the bottle, shall we?)

The show was hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard since we saw the Producers! It was really helpful that I had just seen the movie, but I think I would have gotten a lot of it just the same. When they say "lovingly ripped off" from The Holy Grail, they're not kidding! The Knights who say Ni, the Black Knight, and the French taunters all made appearances. Anyway, if you're a Monty Python fan, GO SEE THIS SHOW. :)

We also took a pic or two of Marc in front of the White House on the way back. All of the pics from the weekend are posted here.

Comments

Just Me said…
It's the Shah of Svenland or the Mayor of Clarendon, get it right. SHEESH!

Apparently Patrick broke his arm playing "Fight Club" - oh so very much mocking needs to take place.

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4