Sick and tired


The weekend was lovely... Saturday was a birthday party for Kelly and Jeff (born within 3 days of each other, 34 short years ago) at Micki's house, and it was a beautiful day! (pictures posted here) Sunday was work-and-laundry at mom's, as usual, and dinner with Dani at Front Page (and ice cream from Cold Stone! yum!)

Of course, I was a bad girl and didn't take my lactaid before I ate my ice cream, so I was totally expecting to be sick on Sunday night.... and very surprised when it didn't happen. I'm still not sure if the lactose debacle (which did hit me Monday morning) is related to the fever I ended up with on Monday afternoon. We may never know. I went to work, but I came home after an hour (my boss put me in a cab and gave me money!) and passed out on the sofa. ugh.

Since then I have just been wiped out (the fever broke before I woke up on Tuesday morning). I went to work for a while on Tuesday, and again for a few hours today... but there were moments when I felt like I was just gonna pass out at my desk. So tomorrow is a sleep and get better day. We'll see if I feel up to going in on Friday. We were very productive today... my summer intern started (YAY!) and we submitted a grant proposal to the Department of Energy. So that felt good.

Tomorrow I'll post about last week's visit to the British Embassy. :) (better late than never, right?)

Comments

Just Me said…
I would just like to state for the record - for all those family members out there - that I DID ask Melyssa about her Lactaid as she was slurping chocolate/fudge/peanut butter and I was shunned.

I just wouldn't want Mama F to be upset with me.

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4