Always a bridesmaid...

Well, ok, I wasn't actually a bridesmaid this time, thank goodness. (the bridesmaid dresses were celery-green and strapless, I don't think that would have looked that good on me!)

Anyway. The wedding was Sunday. The new Dr. and Mrs. (or is it Dr. and Dr.?) Miller are in Hawaii already, for two weeks. The wedding was at Washington Hebrew, in the little chapel. The huppah was beautiful, it was made from a 14th century Indian scarf (or something like that... I have to find the little program booklet to be sure) that Becky's mom found in an antique shop many years ago. It has become a family tradition to use it for the huppah when they get married. The rabbi was ok... I liked the woman rabbi who did Kenny and Melissa's wedding better (but that was six years ago, and she's from Amherst).

The party was at the Fairmont. It's a beautiful hotel, it's really too bad we couldn't be outside in the garden, the weather started sprinkling. I had a great time sitting with the Maret high school crew. It's sort of odd that I'm better friends with Ryan and Kenny and the people they went to high school with than I am with the people *I* went to high school with. But anyway.

I have posted the photos on KodakGallery, but here's a cute one:



Left to right: Jamie, Jessica, Joel, Ryan, me, and Kenny

The food at the wedding, btw, was excellent. Artichoke and baked brie salad with greens, crabcake and filet entree, and a trio of lovely small desserts (chocolate tart, strawberry sorbet, and creme brulee). YUM.

Jess and I were the last two people at our table... we had to tell the waiters to stop pouring champagne and not serve more than two slices of cake! The whole party managed to go rather quickly... we left after the cake had been cut and the couple had been hoisted on chairs for the Hora. (you can see pics of that, too) and I made it home in time to see Grey's Anatomy! :)

Comments

Just Me said…
I love that picture of y'all. Looks like a good group to spend a reception with. Is your top really fuschia? Fun!

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4