My 15 minutes of fame is officially up

This afternoon, I did seven interviews with Canadian Broadcasting Corp stations all over Canada - from British Columbia to Saskatchewan to Manitoba to Ontario to New Brunswick to Yukon (not geographically in any particular order). They asked me questions about collecting political memorabilia -- how I got started, why people collect, what's valuable, and what's out there for Obama. I talked about my flasher collection, Cox-Roosevelt buttons, and the Obama Chapter of the APIC.

The station in Victoria, BC (6th go-round) sent me an MP3 recording of the interview. I've asked for recordings of the other ones, but I actually think this one was the best. One of the producers I spoke with likened the experience to "Groundhog Day", and she was right! The station in New Brunswick also offered to send me a bobblehead doll of one of the DJs. :)

If I can figure out how to post it here, I will. Otherwise, if you want to hear it, email me and I'll send you the 6MB file. I sound kinda squeaky - who was it who suggested that I speak in a lower voice so I didn't sound nasal? oh well! It was fun.

And that's enough for my 15 minutes.... I'm sure they're sick of me in Canada. ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4