And now, for a trip down memory lane: I found this on Phyl's blog, and I love it!
IF YOU WERE A LITTLE GIRL IN THE 70'S...
1. You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked. Hmmm. Don't remember this.
2 You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a plastic basket with flowers on it. Uhhh, Nope. I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was 13. By then, it was the mid-80's.
3. You learned to skate with actual skates (not roller blades) that had metal wheels. Oh yes, and skated through some dogsh*t the first time my dad took me out on them.
4 You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute (admit it!) Sigh. ok, I admit it.
5. You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island. EEEK!! I thought Scooby Doo was too scary. I didn't even watch Fantasy Island!
6. You had either a 'bowl cut' or 'pixie', not to mention the 'Dorothy Hamill' People sometimes thought you were a boy. Oh yes, Dorothy and I looked so cute with our little bowl cuts.
7. You had rubber boots for rainy days and Moon boots for snowy days. yep. Little red boots with an elastic thingy that went over a button to hold them together.
8. You owned a 'Slip-n-Slide' , on which you injured yourself on a sprinkler head more than once. No, sad to say, I didn't have a backyard, so that didn't happen.
9. You owned 'Klick-Klacks' and smacked yourself in the face more than once! What the heck is a Klick-Klack?
10. Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession. Nope. I had a Star Wars sleeping bag from the very beginning!
11. You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers. My mom made the poncho. I'm sure I wore gauchos... I don't remember knickers.
12. You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon. LOVED Simon, and Merlin, and the Little Professor.
13. You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple satiny shredded outfits, or the Sunshine Family. I did have Donnie and Marie. Or maybe Molly had them and I just adopted them?
14. You spent hours in your backyard on your metal swing set with the trapeze. Nope, no backyard.
15. The swing set tipped over at least once. (see above)
16. You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color. Mine were mostly red-white-and-blue -- I'm sure that's shocking to everyone. :)
17. You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle). Yep.
18. You also had a pair of salt-water sandals. What's that? Jellies?
19. You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad; you wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture;and you despised Nellie Oleson! Oy. My mom dressed me in florals and ruffles and LH-inspired brown corduroy outfits. It wasn't by choice!
20. You wanted your first kiss to be at a roller rink! Didn't have a roller-rink nearby.
21. Your hairstyle was described as having 'wings' or 'feathers' and you kept it 'pretty'with the comb you kept in your back pocket.When you walked, the 'wings' flapped up and down, looked like you were gonna 'take off'. Of course!
21. You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as her friends, Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie. Knew of them but never owned.
22. You carried a Muppets lunch box to school and it was metal, not plastic.It had a thermos inside. Some were glass and broke the first time you dropped them. I had a Dukes of Hazzard lunchbox. Which my dad has since sold on eBay.
23. You and your girlfriends would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend. Bo Duke was my guy. I liked blondes when I was younger. I've changed my mind since then. ;)
24. YOU had Star Wars action figures, too! Absolutely. I wore a Darth Vader costume for Halloween one year!
25. It was a big event in your household each year when the 'Wizard of Oz' would come on TV.Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags! I remember watching "the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" more than the Wizard of Oz.
26. You often asked your Magic-8 ball the question: 'Who will I marry.Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or David Cassidy? Or John Schneider... or Scott Baio...
27. You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Fame soundtrack record albums. I wasn't allowed to have my own records at that age. I had 8-tracks instead!
28. You tried to do lots of arts and crafts, like yarn and Popsicle-stick God's eyes, decoupage,or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom. Oh definitely. I was queen of the crafts!
29. You made Shrinky-Dinks and put iron-on kittens on your t-shirts! Shrinky dinks - once, I think. I remember putting the glitter-puffy-paint on my t-shirts!
30. You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker. I was so excited when I got a tape-recorder/radio so I could record directly... I had so many tapes where you could hear the DJ at the beginning or the end of the song.
31. You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat. No, my friends bought them at the store. But I cut out the pictures of Scott Baio or John Stamos.
32. You thought Olivia Newton John's song 'Physical' was about aerobics. You mean it's not?