I never "liveblog" ...

...but the "We Are One" concert is on, and it's amazing!

1:30pm (CST) Starting with Copeland's Fanfare for the Common Man was genius - it was symbolic, as an announcement of a new beginning. It's one of my favorite pieces. I was in tears almost immediately.

(starting to regret staying in Austin for the weekend...)

Watching the Obama girls see themselves on tv was so cute! (Sasha made her mother move out of the way!)

1:40pm Bruce. Wow. The newscasters kept saying that the musicians weren't going to be singing their own music, but singing "The Rising" with a huge choir in the background was fabulous.

1:50pm Hmm... maybe Mary J. Blige should have worn something other than white/off-white so she'd stand out a little more against the steps? Oh well. Lean On Me, another great uplifting song. You go Mary J! and Michelle is singing along! :)

[and, not having saved this post often enough, my Firefox crashed and I lost almost an hour's worth of commentary. doh!]

I may try to reconstruct, using my trusty DVR, but for the time being, let's watch Garth Brooks singing American Pie!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4