TV premiere week!

I think my DVR is my favorite piece of technology (this week). I couldn't help traveling during premiere week, so I set the machine to record my faves, as well as a few new ones that seemed interesting. (although I realized on Friday night that I forgot to record the season premiere of Numb3rs! Drat!)

Here's my take so far: (spoilers! fair warning!)
CSI season opener - Wow. They found Sara right at the end of the hour. There are still rumors about Jorja Fox leaving the show, but in the meantime, they showed how the crazy chick kidnapped her, and how Sara got out from under the car and wandered in the desert. And Nick was the one who found her, which I thought fitting.
Journeyman - We (Dani and I) were sort of hoping that it would be like Quantum Leap (oh that Scott Bakula...), but it was *a lot* more confusing, and there were multiple jumps back and forth from current time to the 80's (and the 90's). They made it the 80's by showing a guy in a red leather jacket carrying a boom box, and some other funny "clues." I may watch one more time, just to see if it gets any better. Kevin McKidd is no Scott Bakula, but he's not bad (Marcia said he was really good in 'Rome').
Dirty Sexy Money - I love Peter Krause, from Sports Night and Six Feet Under, so I figured it might be worth it to try the show. He, of course, was great... but the rest of the show just annoyed me. Whiny rich people. Ugh. Ok, Donald Sutherland was interesting as the smarmy patriarch. But again, one more episode might be enough for me.
CSI:Miami - Pretty typical Miami-ness. Except that one of the suspects was Horatio's son, and Calleigh is dating the Christian-Slater-lookalike cop, who generally annoys me. And why are we keeping Ryan around, running the gun range and talking about all of the evaluations he has to do before he gets reinstated?
Cane - Yet another show where I like the main actor (Jimmy Smits) so I thought I'd see how it was. I only caught about half of it, but it looks interesting. Ken Howard made the most of his bad guy role.
Private Practice - Better than I expected. I knew all the characters from the intro show last season, and they pretty much lived up to the way they were supposed to be. Kate Walsh and Tim Daly... we'll see. He's another one that I've liked for a long time.
Grey's Anatomy - Let's see. A missing arm, a separated skeleton, new interns, and Izzie's operating on a deer in the parking lot. It's a little disjointed, but I did miss this crew. Still not sure how I feel about Lexie Gray being around, so we'll see.
Criminal Minds - haven't watched it yet, but I'm interested to see how they phase out Mandy Patinkin (waaah!) and phase in Joe Mantegna.
Big Shots - bunch of funny guys, being funny - Michael Vartan, Joshua Malina, and Dylan McDermott! Yay! Haven't watched that one yet either.

Oy. and Men in Trees is coming back next week... and Numb3rs... and Bill Maher and What Not To Wear and Mythbusters and House... I have too many shows!

Biggest complaint about my DVR: I lose the last 30 seconds of EVERYTHING! It's a good thing I had taped Big Shots, which starts right after Grey's Anatomy, or I never would have known that George was at the door! UGH. I wish I could figure out how to fix this.

Comments

Marcia said…
Two things ... first, you can go to cbs.com and watch Numbers online. And second, when you program your DVR to record, you can adjust the time so that it goes for an extra minute or two. Hope this helps - least I can do after you helped me with that whole "oh my DVR has a volume button" thing. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4