Fight On, Trojans!

Yay! It's college football season again! And the Trojans are #1 again! The game two weeks ago against Idaho (at the Coliseum) was sort of lame, although USC won 38-10. The talk was that the team was holding back to keep Nebraska from seeing what they were capable of. And apparently even the fans in the stands were so bored with the blowout that they started leaving in the 3rd quarter.

Then we had a week off. That was really weird, a week 2 bye? I didn't know what to do last Saturday night. [ok, that's just sad.]

Yesterday, the Trojans traveled to Nebraska. I have to say, I'm thankful that our team doesn't have the kind of mascot where we (the fans) feel the need to wear goofy things like corn cobs on our heads (or cheese wedges, or any of those other midwestern oddities). ;) I kept thinking I saw cardinal and gold in the stands, when it was actually those giant corn cob hats. Funny.

Booty's passing wasn't getting us anywhere (one receiver dropped three passes!) but the running game was a different story. I swear, you could have driven a Mack truck through the holes in their defensive line! And Stafon Johnson did just that -- to the tune of 313 yards! (144 of those yards were his.)

We have a former songleader in our Alumni group, too. Ordinarily, I'd say that's a good thing, but not in this case. She got up (in front of the tv, which was annoying) and tried to do the cheers (she must be in her mid-40's or more) but she didn't know the songs! and she was rather intoxicated, so it was more disturbing than entertaining. I don't remember her watching the games with us last year, but then I didn't find the group until about midway through the season. Tim (the president of the group) said she stood on the table with her pom-poms last year. Yikes. Glad I missed that.

Next weekend, Washington State @ the Coliseum. Fight On!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ok, corn cobs are silly but not cheese wedges! Ironic coming from a Bears fan, but that's neither here nor there.

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4