Santa Fe and spicy hummus and sports

It was a looong week. I spent Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in Santa Fe, NM, for work. I gave a quick presentation, and managed to get an invitation to Singapore out of it! (Have to figure out how to fund that one...) Caught up with my former boss, learned a lot about the energy industry and where we need to go, and played hooky for about an hour (part of our lunch hour) to go shopping. :) I could have bought kokopelli EVERYTHING, but I was very well behaved -- I only bought a kokopelli necklace (sort of like this) for myself, and some pistachios to bring back to the office.

Came home to a busy Friday at work, got killed by my trainer at the gym, and had dinner and drinks with the girls, which was fun. Saturday was spent making Mediterranean munchies for supper club. I made regular hummus (with extra garlic), roasted red pepper-chipotle hummus, and falafel. (chick peas galore!) I used the box of falafel mix - I'm never sure what that special spice is that makes falafel taste exactly right, so I go with the mix. It works. They ended up looking like little hockey pucks, but they were yummy!

The Skins were doing well for a week or two (that Monday night game was awesome!) but then they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, as is their custom. USC keeps winning, but it hasn't been as easy as expected. Last week, the powers that be at ABC/ESPN took it upon themselves to switch games just as we were going into the 4th quarter, because the Iowa-Wisconsin game was more interesting (final score was USC 47 - Wash State 14). I wrote them a NASTY email. This week, the game was a lot closer, but that's probably because we had 16 penalties for 161 yards against Washington. WHAT?! Hello?! They're gonna have some tough practices this week, 4-0 record notwithstanding. And lo and behold, LSU jumped ahead of us to #1 in the polls. Next weekend Stanford's coming to the Coliseum. I won't jinx it by talking about the way the game *should* go.

Speaking of the Trojans, I found out today that one of my spinning instructors at the gym knows Pete Carroll! I suggested that she wish him a belated happy birthday. Apparently she and her husband have known Pete since he was coaching the Pats in the NFL. I'll have to think of some way to parlay that into tickets or a signed something-or-other... ;) (I love Pete, he's awesome.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4