Made it!

In case you were wondering, I finally made it back to Austin on Friday afternoon. Let me tell you, when that plane took off from St. Louis, I could have jumped for joy. (although that might have hurt, what with the seatbelt and all...) Given that we left DC late, I'm lucky I made the connecting flight -- I had to run through the STL airport, and knocked down a few old ladies in the hallway. (just kidding, they weren't that old.) ;)

Went to see Ocean's 13 on Saturday night with Marcia, Rebeka, Andy and Jay. I think Andy and I were the only ones who stayed awake for the whole thing - and he had seen it already! I really liked it... it was SO much better than the second one. [In an interivew, Director Stephen Soderbergh called this one "Ocean's The-one-we-should-have-made-last-time"] Al Pacino always plays great bad guys. Ellen Barkin was good, although not quite as smart and snappy as her usual characters -- too much of a sycophant. But her 'cougar' scenes with Matt Damon were a riot. (And if you don't know what a cougar is, read this.) I bought the soundtrack to Ocean's 11 for the "martini music," and I'm thinking I should check out this one too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4