Hello La-la-land!

After a quick weekend at home, I got up at 6am, runny nose and all, and went off to the airport to fly to LA. Why an early morning flight? One word: Non-stop (ok, two words). In order to get non-stop flights to/from LAX at an affordable fare, I am flying early in the morning in both directions. But it's worth it!

So I made it to LA and went to the Getty to have lunch with MZ. Unfortunately, there was some fixing-up in progress up on the hill, so we went elsewhere for lunch. (Jerry's Deli, in Westwood) We were going to go to the Bel Air Grill, but they hadn't opened yet. Then I dropped M back off at work and went to the Getty Villa, over on PCH. It has only just reopened. It was beautiful. I particularly like the Greek painted terracotta wine cups and vases, with stories illustrated around the sides. (The muses were my favorite part of Disney's Hercules cartoon movie.) :)

But owing to the fact that my nose wouldn't stop running, and I had gotten up way too early, I finished with the museum and gardens (shown here) in about 2 hours. Picked up MZ and basically went home to crash. I definitely napped through an episode of the Bill Maher show that he had downloaded. Dinner was a wonderful lamb stew and some great appetizers at a Mediterranean place near his apartment. It wasn't a very exciting night.

Had to get up sort of early again (but the cold medicine helped me sleep through the night) to go down to LGB to pick up the kid. He walked off the plane and looked at me and said, "I left the tickets at home." AAAAAHHH!!! We managed to find a friendly neighbor and he was nice enough to go to the house and get the tickets and FedEx them to us at J&T's house. Phew! [this is not the first time Bryan has forgotten tickets... let's just leave it at that.]

I decided that if what I had was a sinus infection, I didn't want to pass it along to the Rosen girls, so we skipped lunch with them and headed south. Had to stop at In 'n Out Burger to satisfy Bryan's craving. Yum. For those of you who know what I'm talking about, he got a double-double animal style. :) Went to the Urgent Care center that my brother and sister-in-law swear by, and they told me it isn't a sinus infection, it's mostly just allergies. Prescription: Nasonex, once a day for the next three months.

We met up with Jae to pick up Samantha. She was showing off her climbing and swinging abilities in the pre-school playground. What a little acrobat! :) Then we met up with Teri at a park, and Sam showed off some more before we headed to dinner at a sushi place. Yum. The boys ordered a lot of spicy tuna rolls, which I avoided. But everything else was quite tasty.

Tomorrow we start setting up for Thanksgiving at J&T's. Doesn't sound like we'll need to make very much - everybody is brining something. As long as one of their cable channels will let us watch football, we'll be fine. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4