D.C is in shock...

Now I know why Brian Williams said election night was "like catnip, like crack!" -- It's so exciting that the world can change like this. The American people decided that they've had enough of the Republican control of the government, and the Dems will now control the House and the Senate. (It was touch-and-go there for a while, but Jim Webb managed to pull ahead by about 8,000 votes in VA. Senator Allen decided not to ask for a recount.) First thing President Bush did - let Rumsfeld resign so he can become the scapegoat for the war in Iraq. And try to rush through Bolton's confirmation before the lame duck session ends.

In other news, Ed Bradley died of leukemia. I always liked his reports on 60 Minutes. He was the old, hip guy with the earring who did the great interviews - Michael Jordan, Lena Horne, etc. He seemed so gentle and caring, and yet he asked really tough questions and everybody answered them.

Tonight I went to the Jewish Book Fair's Local Authors night at the JCAA. The first one Josh Frank, who wrote a book about the Pixies. (He was sorta cute, in the geeky Jewish boy way that I like... and very funny.) Then Robin Chotzinoff, who grew up with an atheist father (he had been raised Jewish and rejected religion altogether), and she wrote about her experiences returning to Judaism. And Trevor Romain, a South African guy who uses his humor to help kids get through tough times - like chemo and bullies and such. They were all very good. I bought a bunch of books -- I couldn't resist! Some that I had on my Amazon wish list (instant gratification! yeah!) and some that sounded good while I was there. (I didn't buy the ones from the three authors.) Book reviews to follow... if I ever get around to reading them!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, I mean, how many pple will believe that the war is Rummy's fault & it will disappear now when really Bush is still the PRESIDENT & head of the armed forces & so on & on? This is what happens when you don't read the fine print. On the other hand, it must be nice to have other pple take the fall for you.

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4