Another way to give to the cause

I am always in favor of giving money to support the Komen Foundation/breast cancer research - in fact, I'll probably be doing my 2nd Race for the Cure this year in Austin on November 5th. I also support Lee National Denim Day (although at my office jeans are not unusual most days)... October 6th this year.

But here's a new twist: the 5th Annual Blogger Boobie-Thon gets under way next week. [don't worry, the main page is safe for office viewing...] Last year they raised over $9,000, split between the Komen Foundation and the Red Cross (for Katrina relief). They accept tame and not-so-tame photos from men and women, and display them anonymously.

Last year, "almost 600 female and nearly 50 male photographs submitted to our photo sampler page* [NOT office friendly] And close to 300 photos were submitted to the pay-per-boobies page (access granted for those who donated $50 or more). "

Charity is good for the soul, and in this case, the body. :)

Comments

allyn fratkin said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
allyn fratkin said…
porn for charity is a brilliant idea! although apparently not nearly as lucrative as it would seem.

i notice you didn't mention whether you were going to be "participating" in the boobie-thon, photographically-speaking.

the acronym NSFW is normally used for "not safe for work".
MelyssaF said…
I figured enough members of my family read this blog -- some of you might not want to know if I was going to participate.
allyn fratkin said…
yeah, that would be kinda creepy.

Popular posts from this blog

Family and Stuff

Defeating the sweater curse

End of the Year fun (part 2)