Quick post

I am absolutely exhausted, but I had to post this.

A great experience on JetBlue today, flying from Dulles to Boston for Judy's shower -- although it had more to do with the tv on the back of the seat than the flight crew: We were taking off a little early. As my plane was taxiing to the runway and starting to take off, I was able to watch the Space Shuttle Atlantis launch live on Fox News. We lifted off just as the shuttle was hitting "go for throttle up" (which is the scary part, because that's the point when the Challenger blew up). It was exhilarating to watch the shuttle go up and feel the plane taking off at the same time. I had a stupid grin on my face the whole time. Ok, so the G-forces on the astronauts were a little more powerful than the ones hitting me... it was still fun.

I'll have to take a picture tomorrow - Thrifty didn't have any economy-sized cars to give me today, so instead I'm driving a Jeep Commander. It's like a Jeep Cherokee on steroids. But they gave it to me at the economy price (I love being a Blue-Chip member!) so I can't complain. :) The only thing I've hit (and believe me, I could have taken out a Toyota Corolla and not noticed at all...) is a skunk already in the road. Pheeeew! :(

The shower was really fun. More on that later.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Any big bugs hit the windshield??

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4