"Too Close for Comfort" - where's Monroe?

Today was a big day - I found a place to live! :) I will be moving into a 2BR-1BA duplex (hence the subject line above*) in Northwest Hills. Ok, so it's not Rosedale -- where I'm staying now -- or Hyde Park -- the funky neighborhood where I thought I would end up ... it's a lovely older neighborhood (both age-wise and home-wise) a little bit north and west. It's also $200 less per month than I thought I would be spending, or than I was spending in VA! :) Of course, that savings is going to get used up buying a new desk and a new bed... thankfully mom and dad are going to chip in and help with the washer/dryer purchase. :)

I will be moving in around 8/15, so now I have to call the movers up north and say, "Bring my stuff!" In the meantime, the landlady (who lives in the other half of the duplex, and has two wonderful dogs) is going to repaint, take down the icky wallpaper, put down Pergo floors... and a host of other improvements. I am so excited!

Went to the gym last night and tried *another* step class... apparently this teacher (Troy) is even more hard-core than the woman on Saturday! Imagine if you will doing all the footwork of step class - stepping up and down, or across, or diagonal, knee raises, etc - while also doing bicep curls, arm raises or overhead presses with small weights! ACK! I mean, I'm (mostly) coordinated enough to do all of that, I'm just too out of shape! I ended up sitting on the bench in the locker room again after 30 minutes, only this time, a girl (my age, I think - forgot to get her name) took pity on me and explained that a) Troy will kick your a**, and b) there's a much better class on Sundays that's a combination of spinning (YAY!) and aerobics (they move from one room to the other and back). This I gotta try!

p.s. Anyone who volunteers to come help me unpack boxes gets dinner at Roy's. (Yes, Jae/Teri/Mom/Dad/Bryan, THAT Roy's!)


* Too Close For Comfort was one of my favorite sitcoms in the '80's. They lived in a duplex. :)

Comments

Just Me said…
I'm going to refrain on commenting on your first commenter...

a) You wouldn't REALLY want a Monroe nearby - you'd kill him.

b) Pop quiz: what was the cow's name?
princess teri said…
i'll be there in the morning.
Anonymous said…
Monroe Ficus...now there's a name from the past! /E

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4