So much to blog, so little time...

Hm. Where to begin.

Saturday (the first of July... can you believe it's JULY already?) we had tickets to the 7pm Nats game against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. It started out pretty well, but it was so HOT! Our seats just don't get any kind of breeze at all. It was a 3-3 tie from the 7th inning on. But by then it was 10pm! As the game went into the bottom of the 10th inning, mom and Sally and I decided that we would like to go home when the inning ended. But Dad, being Dad, said we couldn't leave until the Nats won. And right then, whaddya know, Nick Johnson gets up and hits a solo homerun (a walk-off) to end the game!! Nats win, 4-3! Whew! Here's Sally and mom at the "Red Hot & Blue" service area in Sec 323.

Sunday was an even bigger day. I used my guest pass to visit the Regency Sport & Health club in McLean (thanks, mom!), and as long as it was early, I decided to go for a swim. I should do that more often, I apparently have no stamina! I maybe made 5 (round-trip) laps, and I was exhausted! Ugh. But I had to find energy, because I was off to Hannah's 3rd birthday!

Last year, everything was Dora Dora Dora (the Explorer). This year, we graduated to Care Bears. (They're back, apparently. I thought they had gone away years ago!) So Hannah and 20 of her friends (and cousins) went to the Little Gym to run, jump, swing, tumble, etc. Hannah really liked being spun around in the center of the giant tent. The little ones got pink-frosted cupcakes and juice. Then we went back to K&J's for munchies, pizza and Care Bear cake! Kevin and Amanda were there with Claire, who is now 3 months old. (and still withouth penguin... I'll have to work on that when I get settled in Austin.)

At 5:45 (when the rainstorm died down a little), I scurried away from one birthday party to change and head for another! Sunday was also Joan's [mumble-mumble] birthday, and we were celebrating at RiRa, with our gift cards. Eliz gave Joan an excellent birthday gift -- The Good Girl's Guide to Bad Girl Sex. We decided table readings were in order... which were much funnier with May's friend Kirk at the table. (He had to get up and leave a few times!) . E and J had also done a "pinky swear" the week before, to confirm that the normally non-drinking E would have at least a few potent potables at the birthday party. And she did! I have photographic evidence!! At any rate, people came out of the woodwork to come and help us celebrate Joan's birthday. I was so tired by midnight, I turned into a pumpkin and went home! In case you were wondering (after all these blog entries), here's a group photo of team Clueless in Clarendon! [I have to say, this picture reminds me of the "Beasts of Burden" photo in my high school yearbook...I told you there was a reason why Patrick loved us!] ;)

Comments

Just Me said…
Who us? We weren't intoxicated. La la la.

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4