That's not her style

... or rather, that's not something I want her to wear.

I'm talking about the raglan hoodie sweater. I think because I didn't know how to do the right kind of seam decreasing when I made the pieces of the hoodie, it just didn't come out right. So, here's a picture of the nearly-finished sweater. -------------->

And now (with a bit of sobbing), I will take apart the seams and frog the front and back down to the armpits, and make straight side seams like the sweater I made for Hannah last year (see below). I'll probably do the stripey sleeves, too, maybe with the hot pink that I was going to use for the pocket. (maybe I'll keep the pocket?)


In Olympic news, my scarf continues to grow -- it's now about 27" long... I have until Sunday to finish for a medal. :)

I wasn't too sad not to have gone to Vegas for the weekend. The thing I missed most was time with Samantha, Jae & Teri. Otherwise... I hung out with my friends, I cleaned my apartment, I worked out a few times, I spent five hours at dinner with Jen, I thought some more about moving to Texas... it was a pretty busy weekend.

The big thing for this coming weekend is MY BIRTHDAY!!!! (that's so some of you will remember -- you know who you are!) A bunch of us (14 or so) are going to dinner on Saturday night and then about half of us are going to see Dame Edna. I'm so psyched! I consider myself a very lucky person, in that all of my friends get along very well with all of my other friends. If I had a bigger apartment I'd probably have parties a lot. Although somehow I can never seem to get Dani and Giselle in the same place at the same time. hmm... They're both scheduled to appear on Saturday night, so if there's a rift in the space-time continuum, you'll know why! Aunt Robin is even coming down from NYC for the weekend. :)

Comments

allyn fratkin said…
thanks for the warning. :-)
Just Me said…
"rift in the space-time continuum"?

Nerd.
princess teri said…
happy un-re-belated birthday! as steven colbert would say.

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4