Get it Right the First Time

... or frog it and start over. :(

As Dani would say, "reading is fundamental." My advanced reading skills were not enough to keep me from knitting an extra row on my second and third triangles, so by the time I was done, I was making a hexagonal... placemat or something. UGH. Pulling out the two triangles wasn't as hard as picking up the top row of the red triangle, unknitting a row, and starting again!

So, I have started again. I knit a triangle the other night, it took about 90 minutes. At this rate I might be done in ... April? It's about 15" long, so only 45" more to go. But at least I'm on the right track now.

That's the good news. The bad news is that the family vacation to Vegas didn't happen this weekend... Dad has a bronchial infection that is keeping him from sleeping (and mom too) so we stayed home. :( But, on the plus side, I got a vacation day back (still took Friday off! Yay!) for use later in the year.

And, having eliminated the rush need to finish Samantha's sweater, I haven't touched it since Dani and I went to late night at KH last week. Sad, all that's left is attaching the hood and pocket and putting in the drawstrings, and I just haven't done it. Maybe with my FOUR DAY WEEKEND I'll find a minute or two. :)

In the meantime, I mailed out the fliers to invite all the local APIC members to our political show on March 18th at Tyson's. I hope they all come!

Comments

Just Me said…
Well, at least you caught it before things went TOO far, and things should go smoothly without the added pressure of getting Samantha's project finished!

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4