Welcome to Hot-lanta!

Well, ok, it's not that hot. It's only 51 now, it'll go up to 65 tomorrow. We have tickets to the Georgia Tech homecoming football game against Clemson... but it's on at the same time as the USC game! Bummer! I'll have to have my mom send me text messages. :)

Went for a tour of the CDC today... didn't actually get to see anything except the inside of one of the office buildings, but then again, do you really expect them to take the tourists on a tour of the high security labs where the guys run around in bunny suits? I don't think so. But they have a beautiful brand new multi-million-dollar campus (just opened this month) with a waterfall and nice stone steps... I guess if the people who work there get too stressed out, they can go sit outside for a calming experience. heh.

My friend Michelle from business school lives here, so I got to see her for the first time in... three years! She looks gorgeous, she's lost 40 lbs! :) We went to dinner at Murphy's Restaurant in the Virginia Highlands area. It was yummy! (if only the kitchen had been able to cook Michelle's filets properly - medium well means NOT PINK! ugh.)

I wish I had brought something to knit or crochet, but I'm too afraid to breathe my cold germs on the sweater I'm making for Samantha, so I haven't touched that in a week. But I'd better get a move on, it has to be finished by Nov 23rd!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go Bucks! Oh, I s'pose the Trojans aren't too shabby either. Now if only the other OSU can get the job done with Texas!

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4