Never a dull moment with the Fratkins

So, it's 3:00 on Sunday, and I'm getting ready to go to my room and relax before getting dressed for the big shindig at the Fox Theatre. I'm amazingly calm, because everything is done and ready. Then my cell phone rings. It's my mom:

"I fell down and I'm bleeding all over the place. I'm up by the music and arts center. Come get me."

... Because I really needed some more excitement in my day!

So I grab Greg K. from SURA and I run to the rental car, and we drive up there. A nice group of people had gathered to help her, so they brought her water and ice. We took her up to Piedmont Hospital's ER. They looked at her right away, but then they said it was going to be 3 hours before a doctor could see her. And of course she had to play Jewish mother, so she made us leave her there! (and she made me promise not to call Dad...) She finally got back to the hotel at about 9:15pm, with five stitches in her eyebrow. She seems fine, I was the one who almost had a heart attack! :) (Greg took a picture of us in the ER waiting area, I'll have to post it.)

Can't wait to get home to DC tonight. I'm exhausted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4