My big brother thinks he's funny...

... so he sent an email to his joke-of-the-day list, with my blog URL and some text from the Dilbert Newsletter about why people start blogs: (my responses in blue italics)

People who are trying to decide whether to create a blog or not go through a thought process much like this:

1. The world sure needs more of ME. (NO, I don't think that at all.)
2. Maybe Ill shout more often so that people nearby can experience the joy of knowing my thoughts.
3. No, wait, shouting looks too crazy. (and I shout enough already :))
4. I know Ill write down my daily thoughts and badger people to read them. (I haven't badgered anyone! If I were badgering you, you'd know!)
5. If only there was a description for this process that doesnt involve the words egomaniac or unnecessary.
6. What? Its called a blog? I'm there! (For the record, I have been thinking about starting a blog for a long time, but when I finally got around to doing it, nothing interesting was going on in my life. That will hopefully change soon.)

I just wanted a way to share goofy stuff with my friends, and tell stories once so I don't have to keep telling them over and over. (Plus, my brother doesn't like football, so half my posts probably seem pointless to him) :P

I am working toward a theme on this blog, but I haven't decided what it should be. If you have any ideas...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmmm, none of the Dilbert presumptions really apply to me either. It's theoretically to share the non-goings on of my life with my friends spread far and wide. It would probably be easier if I actually told them it existed...

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4