the bigger the kitchen mess, the better the food. really.

This month, Cooking Light magazine had a recipe for pretzels. I thought, what the heck, I've never made anything like that before. So I bought some yeast, and got down to business. It turns out it's very labor-intensive... but that's not the first recipe I've made recently that required a lot more work than I expected.

[I have to say, having watched the pretzel-makers at Auntie Anne's helped a bit, I knew how to spin the dough to make it the right shape. See, all that time at the mall pays off!]

I started at 8:30pm (that's a bit misleading, because you have to let the yeast set up for 5 minutes and then let the dough rise for 40...) So at 9:15 I started actually making pretzels. By 10:15, I had about 15 of them all done!



Here's a picture of the finished product. The second batch is in front, they're darker. They're all YUMMY! I might have to make these again... but maybe at mom's house where there's more counter space. :) Better talk to me soon if you want one, I might have to eat them all!!!!! (and in case you're wondering, they're only 2 WW points each.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4