The offensive boobs in DC

... and I'm not talking about our elected officials!

Apparently a member of the GOP platform committee was offended on his trip(s) to Washington that there are statues and paintings of nudes everywhere. (Of course, he's from Texas.)
The platform committee did not adopt Hurt's recommendation on Washington nudity (nor his proposal to extend the 22nd Amendment -- presidential term limits -- to spouses). But Hurt said he'll pursue the issue, possibly with another trip here to videotape the evidence. "I'm not going to stop until I succeed. I'm prepared for a long fight."
Leaving aside the 22nd Amendment thing, having lived in DC until 2 years ago, I don't think it ever once occurred to me that the fountain at Dupont Circle was made up of naked ladies, or that "20% of the art in the National Gallery" contains nudes. (Really? Where did he get that statistic?) Please, people. Get over yourselves. Or go to Europe.

Although, come to think of it, this man would have had a friend in John Ashcroft, who made sure to cover up the breasts of Justice when he spoke in the lobby of his office building. When did we become such puritans?

Oh, and his other complaint? His daughter can't get into college because she's white. Oy vey.

Comments

Anonymous said…
People are idiots.
That is all.
Thank goodness I'm a person of color and could therefore get a higher education.

Popular posts from this blog

I see London, I see France...

Ciao, Italia!

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4