El Pisco es muy fuerte!

Translation: Pisco is a potent drink!

Saturday night was the March Supper Club. We decided on South American cuisine. We had pupusas, seafood stew, a shredded beef dish (the Venezuelan version of ropa vieja), and dulce de leche crepes (a little bit of poetic license for the crepes, but they were TASTY!) for dessert. My two contributions were Pastel de Choclo, which I had once in Santiago, Chile, and Pisco sours to drink. There are MANY versions of the Pastel recipe. (I skipped the olives. blech.) Technically, you're supposed to cook it in four small clay pots, but it worked fine in a large pan -- and I needed nine servings anyway. I also sliced the hardboiled eggs and laid them down as a layer, rather than shoving egg-halves into the beef mixture.

I've been cooking up a storm recently, now that I think about it. Rebeka and Paul came over on Thursday for healthy dinner night, and we had spicy crusted grilled salmon (a WW recipe that I haven't used in years) with steamed garlic spinich (a la mom). :)

For book club last week -- I chose the book, we read Zorro, by Isabel Allende -- I made peach basil sangria. YUM. And that was two days after all that cooking for the Oscar party. Phew!

Next on the menu, Shrimp with Mango and Basil. Just waiting for the mangoes to ripen a bit more.

Comments

Stick said…
my friend, Nancy, is in Argentina right now with a friend who makes Pisco... she's working on finding a way to import his pisco. She LOVES that stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4