Adventures in Illinois

or, University Blvd in Urbana is not the same as University Blvd in Champaign!

ARGH! It's a good thing my co-worker brought the directions also, because I looked up how to get to the hotel address, but it was on the wrong side of town! After driving around for 20 minutes *knowing* I wasn't quite in the right place, Luke figured out that my directions were different from his, and we finally made it to the hotel.

Part 2 of "I was soooo tired": When the nice lady at AVIS returned my drivers license, I managed to slide it into the wrong pocket in my wallet. So when the nice lady at the front desk asked for my ID, it wasn't there! Oh no! I lost my DL! Panic! Call AVIS, they don't have it. Go through my pockets, my purse, everywhere I can think of... not there. Go back out to the car (nb: it's 22 degrees with wind chill here) and look, it's not there. Go back to the airport, just in case the AVIS lady didn't see it (using a more direct route)... and, standing at the counter, I discovered that my license was there after all! *sigh*

If bad things happen in threes, I'm waiting for #3 now.

Did I mention that I'm exhausted? At least the bed is big and comfy. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know nothing of this misplacing objects of which you speak. Maybe Igor took a sidetrip to Illinois...

Popular posts from this blog

Ciao, Italia!

I see London, I see France...

Sixteen Days in the UK - Part 4